1) THIS MOTEL IS A TEMPORARY VACATION HOUSING; OCCUPANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED RESIDENTS OF THE MOTEL. While registering, you must include your permanent address. Upon registration all occupants must record their names and phone numbers. Unrecorded guest(s) risk accountability in the event of an emergency.
2) Pets must be declared at check in and require a $20 non-refundable fee in order to stay in rooms. Guests must clean up after their pets and are required to follow rules set forth in the pet agreement.
3) Registration requires a valid ID of an adult ages 21 years or older and must be guaranteed with Registrant’s credit card. The Registrant will assume responsibility for the room and occupants, including financial responsibility for damages, loss, or excessive insanitation. Our Place Inn is not responsible for accidents or injuries to guests, or for damages or loss of guests’ belongings.
4) We require the balance of your room charge to be paid upon arrival. Our Place Inn currently only accepts cash and major credit cards. Guests may see accommodations before checking in. Once checked in, no monies can be returned or refunded for early departure/check out due to your change of plans.
5) Rooms must adhere to occupancy max unless otherwise arranged with management. Single bed rooms have a two person maximum, double bed rooms have a four person maximum, and the family room has a six person maximum. Allowing more than the registered number of guests to occupy the room (e.g. unregistered guests or overnight visitors) can result in additional charges or being asked to vacate the room without a refund. Visitors are subject to motel rules and are the guest’s responsibility.
6) We reserve the right to refuse service and to eject any person or persons who create(s) a disturbance or becomes a nuisance. The following activities are deemed to be injurious to public health and therefore are prohibited: public drunkenness; unruly or unsupervised children and pets; boisterous activity; use of fireworks; overcrowding on or within motel’s premises; public urination; extremely profane or abusive language; harassment or hostility towards staff and resident animals; the making of any noise (day or night) of such character, intensity, or duration so as to be detrimental to the life, health and safety, or welfare of any individual; steadily or intermittently annoying, disturbing, injuring, or endangering the comfort, repose, or peace of another individual. Ejection is subject to forfeiture of all monies paid.
7) Check out is at 11 am. All guests’ belongings must be removed from the room and all room keys returned to the office. Registrant will be charged for an extra day if you have not checked out by 11 am or made other arrangements with management. These charges for extended stay do not guarantee occupancy for specific room if in conflict with previous reservations. Registrant will be charged for loss of room key(s).
8) Check in is at 3 pm. Check in may be allowed earlier based on room availability, please check with management.
9) Because we do not charge for individual reservations, Our Place Inn will automatically cancel your reservation if you have not arrived or confirmed your arrival with management by 5pm on the date of your reservation. Group reservations (three rooms or more) must be guaranteed by credit card. Insufficient notice for cancellation (within 48 hours of reservation) is subject to a small percentage fee, according to number and type of rooms reserved.
10) In accordance with North Carolina law, persons under 21 are prohibited from possessing or consuming alcohol. Registrant is responsible for all room occupants following this law. Guests are prohibited from drinking hard alcohol outside of their rooms - if you had to buy it from the ABC or that crazy moonshiner you know up in the hills, you can’t drink it outdoors. Guests over 21 that would like to consume beer or wine in a public area such as the walkways or fire pit area are invited to do so only from a bottle or can that is sufficiently covered with a koozie, brown bag, or similar product. Do not leave any alcoholic bottle or can unattended outside.
11) Children (ages 17 and under) must stay with and be supervised by a responsible, adult registrant – do not leave children unattended in the rooms!
12) Supervising adult registrant is responsible for the conduct of accompanying children and minors. Do not allow children to run, play, ride bikes, or skateboard on ramps, walkways and driveways, or in parking lots. Do not allow children to run or play around the fire pit. Do not allow children to play at such a volume as to bother other guests. Do not allow children to climb trees. Do not allow children to throw apples at other guests or pets on the premises, nor at buildings or hotel property. Do not allow children to throw apples period. Do not allow children to find other creative ways of damaging or destroying motel property, or otherwise create a disturbance or become a nuisance for motel guests and staff. Yes, we know, we’ve become our mother.
13) Our Place Inn is a family motel, and we are especially concerned for the safety and comfort of our child and pet guests. As such, we require no open carry of firearms or other weapons permitted on the premises. Concealed carry with proper permits are welcome, if notified to management in advance. We appreciate your cooperation with such a controversial concern.
14) Melee weapons, combustible materials, and other goods of a hazardous, illegal, or objectionable nature are prohibited. The Guest shall be solely liable and responsible to the management, agents of Our Place Inn, other guests, and visitors for all loss, financial or otherwise, and damage that may be caused by such articles or as a result of the guests' own negligence and non-observance of any rules.
15) Absolutely no cooking allowed in rooms. Remember your great aunt whose house always seemed to smell like old cabbage? You won’t have that problem at Our Place. Cooking includes anything from meth to manicotti – if it requires more than heating up in a microwave, consider patronizing one of Maggie Valley’s many fine dining establishments instead.
16) Charcoal grills are not allowed in any rooms, nor on porches, walkways, or in parking lots. We have provided a picnic area with outdoor grill and fire pit for your convenience. Do not start a fire without prior management approval. Do not leave fire or grill burning and unattended. Guest assumes all responsibility for starting a fire, including damages to self, motel property and other guests, due to accident or negligence.
17) Please do not use room for any purpose other than lodging. Subletting of rooms is strictly prohibited.
18) One parking spot is provided per room. If you are going to have an extra vehicle, please inform management and we will direct you where you can park.
19) Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am.
20) Management reserves the right to enter the rented premises at reasonable hours for maintenance and safety issues, etc. Attempts will be made to make arrangements with Registrant prior to entering premises.
21) Our Place Inn respects your privacy. We will not enter your room without permission except in extreme cases of safety or maintenance concerns. If you are planning an extended stay and would like room service daily, please request from management at check in. Please let us know how we can make your stay the most comfortable!
22) While room service is available, all occupants are expected to dispose of trash, refuse, beverage bottles/cans and cigarette butts properly. There is a large dumpster located by the RV driveway exit and extra garbage bags are available upon request. Excessive insanitation upon check out will result in a maid fee for which the Registrant is responsible. Standing ashcans are provided outside of rooms, and ashtrays in smoking rooms. Smoking in a non-smoking room will result in an odor cleaning fee.
23) Refrain from using motel furniture, fixtures, linens or equipment for purposes other than those intended.The fire pit and ash cans are not receptacles for trash, but there are trashcans located around the property for your convenience. Our linens are not meant for cleaning up messes, but we do happily provide bike towels outside the RV laundry. Whatever your problems, you don’t have to get creative with your solutions.
24) Do not alter or remove motel property from the room. This includes towels; blankets, pillows or other bedding; chairs or other furniture; ashtrays or other fixtures; TVs or other equipment; etc. Registrant is financially responsible for any loss or damage to motel property by room’s occupants. Please be aware that the full cost of any damage may include full replacement of a damaged item, whether or not it can be repaired, should management deem that the item no longer meets cosmetic standards for motel use.
By signing Our Place Inn’s Rules and Regulations, I am assuming responsibility as Registrant. I have read these rules and understand that violations or non-compliance of said rules can result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
[ ] I am travelling with a pet. I have read and agree to the pet rules, and understand I am responsible for a $20 non-refundable pet fee.
[ ] I am not travelling with a pet.
Motel Rules and Information
At Our Place, we believe a good relationship starts with communication. To wit, we have provided you with a list of rules so you know what to expect.
Our Place Inn is located at 4077 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, NC (28751)
We can be reached by phone at (910) 890-4173 or (336) 327-0923
Or you can e-mail us at OurPlaceInnMV@gmail.com