At Our Place, we believe a good relationship starts with communication. To wit, we have provided you with a list of rules so you know what to expect.
Motel Rules and Information
Our Place Inn is located at 4077 Soco Road in Maggie Valley, NC (28751)
We can be reached by phone at (910) 890-4173 or (336) 327-0923
Or you can e-mail us at OurPlaceInnMV@gmail.com
1) THIS MOTEL IS A TEMPORARY VACATION HOUSING; OCCUPANTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED RESIDENTS OF THE MOTEL. Registration must include a permanent address separate from Our Place Inn and its properties. Upon registration all occupants must record their names and phone numbers. Unrecorded guest(s) risk accountability in the event of an emergency.
2) Pets must be declared at check in and require a $20 non-refundable fee in order to stay in rooms. Guests must clean up after their pets and are required to follow rules set forth in the pet agreement. Service animals may stay free of charge. Guests are responsible for identifying service animals to management prior to check in to waive pet fees. Guests are responsible for making sure service animals behave in accordance with service animal laws.
3) Registration requires a valid ID of an adult ages 21 years or older and must be guaranteed with Registrant’s credit card. The Registrant will assume responsibility for the room and occupants, including financial responsibility for damages, loss, or excessive insanitation. Our Place Inn is not responsible for accidents or injuries to guests, or for damages or loss of guests’ belongings.
4) Reservations require a credit card and a deposit equal to the first night's rent per room reserved. Reservations cancelled at least seven days in advance to the initial reservation date will be entitled to a full refund of the deposit. Reservations cancelled less than seven days prior to the reserved date can be rescheduled with charges applied to a new reservation within the same seasonal year (guests are responsible for rescheduling within the same seasonal year). No call/no shows will be charged the full deposit with no refund.
5) We require the balance of your room charge to be paid upon arrival. Our Place Inn currently only accepts cash and major credit cards. Guests may see accommodations before checking in. Once checked in, no monies can be returned or refunded for early departure/check out due to your change of plans. Guests may not check in until the full balance of their room is paid.
6) Rooms must adhere to occupancy max unless otherwise arranged with management. King bed rooms have a three adult maximum, family rooms have a five adult maximum. Allowing more than the registered number of guests to occupy the room (e.g. unregistered guests or overnight visitors) can result in additional charges or being asked to vacate the room without a refund. Visitors are subject to motel rules and are the guest’s responsibility.
7) One parking spot is provided per room. If you are going to have an extra vehicle, please inform management and we will direct you where you can park. Management is not required to provide on premise parking for extra vehicles.
8) Check out is at 11 am. All guests’ belongings must be removed from the room and all room keys returned to the office. Registrant will be charged for an extra day if you have not checked out by 11 am or made other arrangements with management. These charges for extended stay do not guarantee occupancy for specific room if in conflict with previous reservations. Registrant will be charged for loss of room key(s).
9) Check in is at 3 pm. Check in may be allowed earlier based on room availability, please check with management.
10) We reserve the right to refuse service and to eject any person or persons who create(s) a disturbance or becomes a nuisance. The following activities are deemed to be injurious to public health and therefore are prohibited: public drunkenness; unruly or unsupervised children and pets; boisterous activity; use of fireworks; overcrowding on or within motel’s premises; public urination; extremely profane or abusive language; harassment or hostility towards staff and resident animals; the making of any noise (day or night) of such character, intensity, or duration so as to be detrimental to the life, health and safety, or welfare of any individual; steadily or intermittently annoying, disturbing, injuring, or endangering the comfort, repose, or peace of another individual. Ejection is subject to forfeiture of all monies paid.
11) Children (ages 17 and under) must stay with and be supervised by a responsible, adult registrant – do not leave children unattended in the rooms!
12) Supervising adult registrant is responsible for the conduct of accompanying children and minors. Do not allow children to run, play, ride bikes, or skateboard on ramps, walkways and driveways, or in parking lots. Do not allow children to run or play around the fire pit. Do not allow children to play at such a volume as to bother other guests. Do not allow children to climb trees. Do not allow children to feed or tease animals residing at Our Place Inn. Do not allow children to find other creative ways of damaging or destroying motel property, or otherwise create a disturbance or become a nuisance for motel guests and staff. Yes, we know, we’ve become our mother.
13) In accordance with North Carolina law, persons under 21 are prohibited from possessing or consuming alcohol. Registrant is responsible for all room occupants following this law. Guests are prohibited from drinking hard alcohol outside of their rooms - if you had to buy it from the ABC or that crazy moonshiner you know up in the hills, you can’t drink it outdoors. Guests over 21 that would like to consume beer or wine in a public area such as the walkways or fire pit area are invited to do so only from a bottle or can that is sufficiently covered with a koozie, brown bag, or similar product. Do not leave any alcoholic bottle or can unattended outside.
14) Do not alter or remove motel property from the room. This includes towels; blankets, pillows, or other bedding; chairs or other furniture; lightbulbs or other fixtures; TVs, remotes, or other equipment; etc. Registrant is financially responsible for any loss or damage to motel property by room’s occupants. Please be aware that the full cost of any damage may include full replacement of a damaged item, whether or not it can be repaired, should management deem that the item no longer meets cosmetic standards for motel use.
15) Refrain from using motel furniture, fixtures, linens or equipment for purposes other than those intended. The fire pit and ash cans are not receptacles for trash, but there are trashcans located around the property for your convenience. Our linens are not meant for cleaning up messes, but we do happily provide bike towels. Whatever your problems, you don’t have to get creative with your solutions. We're here to help.
16) Please do not use our rooms for any purpose other than lodging. Subletting of rooms is strictly prohibited.
17) Absolutely no cooking allowed in rooms. Cooking includes anything from meth to manicotti – if it requires more than heating up in a microwave, consider utilizing our convenient outdoor grill and picnic area.
18) Charcoal grills are not allowed in any rooms, nor on porches, walkways, or in parking lots. We have provided a picnic area with outdoor grill and fire pit for your convenience. Do not start a fire in the pit without prior management approval. Do not leave fire or grill burning and unattended. Guest assumes all responsibility for starting a fire, including damages to self, motel property and other guests, due to accident or negligence.
19) Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am.
20) Melee weapons, combustible materials, and other goods of a hazardous, illegal, or objectionable nature are prohibited. The Guest shall be solely liable and responsible to the management, agents of Our Place Inn, other guests, and visitors for all loss, financial or otherwise, and damage that may be caused by such articles or as a result of the guests' own negligence and non-observance of any rules.
21) Our Place Inn is a family motel, and we are especially concerned for the safety and comfort of our child and pet guests. As such, we require no open carry of firearms or other weapons permitted on the premises. Concealed carry with proper permits are welcome, if notified to management in advance. We appreciate your cooperation with such a controversial concern.
22) Management reserves the right to enter the rented premises at reasonable hours for maintenance and safety issues, etc. Attempts will be made to make arrangements with Registrant prior to entering premises.
23) Our Place Inn respects your privacy. We will not enter your room without permission except in extreme cases of safety or maintenance concerns. If you are planning an extended stay and would like room cleaning service daily, please make arrangements with management at check in. We're here to make your stay the most comfortable, just let us know what we can do for you!
By signing Our Place Inn’s Rules and Regulations, I am assuming responsibility as Registrant. I have read these rules and understand that violations or non-compliance of said rules can result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
[ ] I am travelling with a pet. I have read and agree to the pet rules, and understand I am responsible for a $20 non-refundable pet fee.
[ ] I am not travelling with a pet.